The Impact of DEI on My Journey Through Palliative Care
Join us for AAHPM's Grand Rounds Lecture Series with Dr. Tammie Quest as she shares with us her career journey in palliative care during this one-hour presentation titled, The Impact of DEI on My Journey Through Palliative Care. Dr. Tammie Quest, a nationally recognized expert in palliative care in the emergency setting and the 2022 AAHPM Payne Outstanding Achievement in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award winner, will discuss and describe how diversity, equity and inclusion contributes to one’s organizational commitment, resilience, safety and professional development. This session will explore key tension points and indicators that one might identify when joining or growing within an organization.
Hospice Medical Directors
Utilizing a narrative leadership experiential approach, participants will self-report the ability to apply, analyze and evaluate the impact and influence of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion on individual career journeys as an opportunity for leadership growth and development for future practice application.
AAHPM endorses the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for disclosure and commercial support and endeavors to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor for all accredited products or programs. All who are in a position to control or influence the content of an educational activity must disclose any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.*Disclosure documents were reviewed for potential conflicts of interest and, if identified, were resolved prior to confirmation of participation. Only those who had no conflict of interest or who agreed to an identified resolution process prior to their participation were involved in this activity.
All editors, faculty and staff have disclosed no relevant financial relationships.
*An ineligible company is defined as any entity producing, marketing, reselling, or distributing healthcare goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients.
Tammie E. Quest, MD FAAHPM
Julie Tanner, BSN RN-BC CHPN
Julie Bruno, MSW LCSW
Julie Tanner, BSN RN-BC CHPN
Accredited Continuing Medical Education (CME)
The American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM) designates this Live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion includes attesting to meaningful activity participation and completion/submission of activity evaluation within the time frame designated.
Evaluation period closes 12:00 Midnight PT September 30, 2022, for claiming CME credit.
Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
This activity is planned in the context of one or more of the ABMS/ACGME Competencies.
ABMS MOC Approval Statement
Through the American Board of Medical Specialties (“ABMS”) ongoing commitment to increase access to practice relevant Continuing Certification Activities through the ABMS Continuing Certification Directory, The Impact of DEI on My Journey Through Palliative Care (apply toward general CME requirement) for the following ABMS Member Boards:
- Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 1.0 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program.
- This activity contributes to the CME component of the American Board of Anesthesiology’s redesigned Maintenance of Certification in AnesthesiologyTM (MOCA®) program, known as MOCA 2.0®. Please consult the ABA website, www.theABA.org for a list of all MOCA 2.0 requirements.
- Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the learner to earn credit toward the CME of the American Board of Surgery’s Continuous Certification program.
- Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the learner to earn up to 1.0 MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics' (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program.
It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM or ABP MOC credit. By submitting your evaluation, you grant AAHPM permission to submit completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting respective BOARD MOC program credit or points as applicable.
- 1.00 ABA MOC
- 1.00 ABIM MOC
- 1.00 ABP MOC
- 1.00 ABS MOC
- 1.00 CME (physician only)
- 1.00 Participation