Primer of Palliative Care, 7th Edition
This essential introductory guide is the perfect resource for all members of the palliative care team who care for patients with serious illness and their families. The Primer of Palliative Care is a favorite educational tool used by fellowship programs and teaching institutions to introduce the core, essential concepts in high-quality care.
The Primer is the perfect resource for all members of the palliative care team.
- Introduction to hospice and palliative care
- Pain management
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
- Delirium, depression and anxiety, fatigue
- Spiritual and existential suffering, the search for meaning, and provider self-care
- Advance care planning: goal setting, prognosticating, and surrogate decision making
- Last resort options
- Care during the last hours of life
- Special considerations for infants and children
- Equianalgesic Guide for adults and children
Questions at the end of each chapter are also included to help promote discussion and integration of content.